Guide | How To Flash Stock ROM LG K5 Using LG Flashtool using KDZ Method.
Flash Stock ROM LG K5. This device also known as with LG Q6 in Mexico country, And has some versions, X220ds (Russia), X220mb (LATAM) , X220(EMEA). This tutorial will show you how to fix a bootloop / bricked on Android LG K5, or if you just upgrade the latest stock ROM / firmware. This LG K5 is the smartphone with 5,0 Inchi wide IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, work on Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop), and supported with Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 CPU, Mediatek MT6582 Chipset, Mali-400MP2 GPU, combined with 1 GB of RAM and 5 MP of Main camera and 2 MP on secondary camera. And this device Released 2016, March.
Now, see the complete guide bellow, please do it with your own risk.
Download Firmware For LG K5 .
Download all firmware and tools below ;
- Download Stock Rom LG K5 : From Here,
- This Stock is KDZ file, remember to copy this KDZ file into LG Flash Tool 2014 folder
- Check the firmware that match with your phone version,
- The V10 is the KITKAT version
- The V20 is for the Lollipop Version.
- And, you can see a letter, that is little updates, you can download the one with the "last" letter.
#1. Guide To Flash LG K5 (KDZ Method)
Please follow this guide carefully to flash LG K5.
Select Type: CDMA PhoneMode: DIAG Select KDZ file : browse your KDZ file in your drive Then you can Click on Normal Flash or CSE Flash (see step 7 to decide this option) Then click Start.
Then click on Clear Phone Software update registry.
No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting. Finally you can click OK. You must wait a minute for the LG Mobile Support tool to recognize the LG K5 device. When you wait this process, may take 5 minute the tool to recognize it. The software will start the extraction on your device. When the process reach 100% your LG K5 will reboot. Then, you must Unplug your LG K5 from your computer by remove USB Cable from it., Finish.
- Make sure you have download all requirement tool above
- Then Install the drivers with your phone connected with your Computer, when it finished disconnect your LG K5 phone from your computer.
- Now turn your LG K5 phone off, then click continuously on the up volume and connect your phone to your PC.
- Now, enter your LG K5 into download mode.(visit this guide or see at the end of this post)
- Run LGFlashTool2014.exe.
- If you cannot run LGFlashTool2014.exe, You must install Visual C++ Runtime Library, get here
- There are two options to flash your LG K5 .
- Normal Flash : You can select this option if you want Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error.
- CSE Flash : You can choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be deleted. It's suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.
LG flash tool normal flash / CSE flash
|LG flash tool - start|
|Lg flash tool - Clear Phone Software update registry.|
#2. Guide To Flash LG K5
If #1 method is failed to flash your LG Android device, you can use this second method, flashing LG device using R&D Test Tool